Anyone want a mouse with your poisioned Chinese food? It will go with your poisoned Chinese drywall!
Chuang Jiang Fish Restaurant in Jingmen, Hubei province, China.
Chen said the mouse was around 8cm long and the thought of it swimming around in her food caused her to be immediately sick. The group complained to the restaurant owner and demanded compensation, but were refused. Chen then called the local Hygiene Supervision Bureau who carried out an immediate inspection of the restaurant, which was closed for three days but then opened as normal.
Speaking of China and unsafe products and practices..The Consumer Product Safety Commission now has said that homes built with Chinese Drywall must be completely gutted:
Previously the CPSC said this:
In ways still to be determined, hydrogen sulfide gas is being created in homes built with Chinese drywall. Earlier studies found large amounts of elemental sulfur in the Chinese drywall. CPSC is investigating drywall from other sources that may mimic the problems ound with Chinese drywall. CPSC is meeting with drywall manufacturers and others who are studying this issue to take their findings into consideration.
Now this: Based on scientific study of the problem to date, HUD and CPSC recommend consumers remove all possible problem drywall from their homes, and replace electrical components and wiring, gas service piping, fire suppression sprinkler systems, smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms. Taking these steps should help eliminate both the source of the problem drywall and corrosion-damaged components that might cause a safety problem in the home.
1. all possible problem drywall;
2. all fire safety alarm devices (including smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms);
3. all electrical components and wiring (including outlets, switches and circuit breakers); and
4. all gas service piping and fire suppression sprinkler systems.
All testing and remediation work should be conducted in compliance with applicable building codes, occupational safety and health standards, and environmental regulations.
Another Chinese product found faulty. But this time, you were better off eating the mouse than living in the Chinese drywall house!